GDPR MAY 25TH 2018
The Prime Practice understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. So what changes have we brought into the practice to protect your data and privacy.
How we use your data:
The personal data we collect about you, will include data relating to your name, address, DOB, email address, contact details and clinical based medical history, this data will be used to allow us the provide appropriate medical care and treatment plans, this data will also be used to manage future communications between The Prime Practice and patient. We will only use this data for the purpose of which it is collected. Will will not share your data with any third party and is strictly private and confidential. If a private medical insurer or Dr’s surgery request details this will only occur with prior written consent.
How we store your data:
All data that is registered via our website is stored on a secure server, these digital records are stored on password encrypted computers. All electronic data is password protected and only accessible by authorised individuals. Written clinical notes are stored on site, at The Prime Practice in a lockable and fire proof filing cabinet, these notes are only accessible by authorised individuals contracted by The Prime Practice.
How to access you information:
You have the right to ask The Prime Practice for any clinical records or personal data held on file. Clinical notes and personal data will be retained for a period of eight years., For children under 16 at initial consultation, records will be retained until their 25th birthday. You have the right to ask The Prime Practice to destroy any personal data at any time, this can be done by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or putting it in writing and sending to The Prime Practice, Fromehill Park, Dudbridge Hill, Stroud GL5 3HS.
Under Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
- to request access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- to request that we cease processing your personal data;
- to request that we do not send you any marketing communications;
- to request us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to request that we erase your personal data;
- to request that we restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive from us the personal data you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, to another data controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights and freedoms.
Web Site / Online / 3rd Parties Policy:
We may use at times authorised third parties services, none of these third parties access our information for any marketing or sales use please see below current third parties we use.
Information collected on www.theprimepractice.co.uk will be recorded and stored on a secure server, this information will not be passed on to any third parties. Our website host www.wix.com is fully compliant with the GDPR click on link to review policy. https://www.wix.com/about/privacy
Our sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram may contain links to other websites, please note that we have no control over how your data is collected stored, or used by other websites and we advise that you check the privacy policies of any such website before providing any data to them.
If you have queries, concerns or wish to raise a complaint regarding the way in which your personal data has been processed you should contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance.
If you still remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for a decision.
The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Data Protection Officer: James Stevenson
A: The Prime Practice, Fromehill Park, Dudbridge Hill, Stroud GL5 3HS